Tuesday, February 24, 2009

More Questions Answered!

1.Q: What is "security" like where I will be staying? By that, I mean in terms of the stuff I bring with me? Do I have my own locker to put stuff in?
A: Security where you will be staying is good, though we discourage bringing many valuables. You will not have your own locker, but you will be able to lock up your room. It is on the grounds of a convent.
2.Q: Are digital cameras okay to bring?
A: I can bring a digital camera, but not a fancy one, just a simple point and shoot because interns don't want to look like wealthy Americans.
3.Q: Also people have been asking me in terms of the compound we are staying on.. is it an actual building with running water? Is it a tent? Is it the same kind of house that other people in Kenya live in?
A: I will be staying in a real building with running water. :) It is in a safer part of Nairobi in what they call a guest house. It is run by nuns and their convent is on the same property, so they are around most of the time.

Remember if you have a question. Leave a comment =)
Thanks for all the prayers. Keep them coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment