Monday, February 23, 2009

Some Questions Answered

Questions that People have Asked and I Now have Answers to:

1.) Can I mail you a package?
While I am in Kenya, it is difficult to receive packages because I would have to pay import duty on anything sent to me (sometimes more than it is really worth). As such MTW discourages receiving packages. However I can receive letters though using the church address that I will post here and also add to the Church Directory very soon!

2.) Is there internet service in Kenya available for me to use?
There will be internet I can use for a small fee at the convent guest house where I will be staying, I'm not sure on the cost, but in years past they have charged by the hour for use, so interns would typically share their internet time with each other. I believe there is only one computer available, unless they have purchased another one recently. :)

3.) Will I have cell phone coverage?
Pastor Makuku will have a cell phone, but the cost to call back to the US is $4.99 a minute from most cell phones over there. Donations of calling cards from Sams or Costco or even walmart that I can use while I am there would be another way to help support me. That is the least expensive way to call home.

4.) Will everyone be on the same flight?
Yes. MTW will book my flights because they need the entire team to fly together from Atlanta to Nairobi. =)

If you have a question for me, leave a comment and I will post it with the answer so everyone else can know the answer too =)

No comments:

Post a Comment